Want create site? Find Free WordPress Themes and plugins.

FLOUTING rules about disposing of coals has almost ended in tragedy, after a waste station lit up this afternoon.

A Stanthorpe Waste Facility user ignored rules against putting hot coals in the rubbish, which led to the blaze.

A Southern Downs Regional Council spokeswomen said one of the large transfer bins lit up.

“The Queensland Fire and Emergency Service worked with the council staff to extinguish the fire and smouldering waste inside the bin,” she said.

“Council apologises to surrounding landholders for any inconvenience caused as a result of the incident.

“Hot coals from domestic fireplaces need to be hosed down and fully extinguished at home prior to transporting to landfill.

“Improper disposal can create unsafe workplaces for council’s staff and contractors on site; pose a danger to other users of the facility and can result in fires which can cause damage to waste facility infrastructure.”

 

 

Did you find apk for android? You can find new Free Android Games and apps.