Acceptable Use Policy
The use of any digital service requiring an account on http://mysoutherndowns.com.au as provided by GraniteNet Inc. (GraniteNet), by you (The Customer) enters you into an agreement with GraniteNet that is bound by the Acceptable Use Policy (“AUP”) outlined in this document. This Agreement shall be construed in all respects in accordance with the laws of the state of QLD, Australia applicable to contracts enforceable in that state. By completing the ordering or application or registration processes, you agree to have read, understood, and be bound by the Acceptable Use Policy.
1.0 – Member Conduct
1.1 – You understand that all information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages, tags, or other materials (“Content”), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the person from whom such Content originated. This means that you, and not GraniteNet , are entirely responsible for all Content that you upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available via the Service. GraniteNet does not control the Content posted via the Service and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content. You understand that by using any digital service provided by GraniteNet, (although we will do our best to keep it family friendly) you may be exposed to Content that is offensive, pornographic, indecent or objectionable.
1.2 – Under no circumstances will GraniteNet be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any Content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available via the Service.
1.3 – You agree to not use the Digital Services provided by GraniteNet to:
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- harm minors in any way;
- impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a GraniteNet official, forum leader, guide or host, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through the Service;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights (“Rights”) of any party; This includes linking to or redirecting to any content or copyright files hosted on a 3rd party resource / servers.
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation, except in those areas (such as shopping) that are designated for such purpose;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that is of broadcast / streaming types.
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that is of keylogging / proxy service / irc / shell(s) if any type / file hosting / file sharing types.
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material on hosting accounts or Digital Services that is of pornographic nature.
- interfere with or disrupt the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Service;
- intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law.
- provide material support or resources (or to conceal or disguise the nature, location, source, or ownership of material support or resources) to any organization(s) designated by the Australian government as a foreign terrorist organization.
- “stalk” or otherwise harass another; and/or
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise material for the purposes of file distribution, relay, or streaming reasons.
- collect or store personal data about other users in connection with the prohibited conduct and activities set forth in our Terms of Service.
2.0 – Use of copyright material and proof of ownership of content
Individual’s content must not contain Warez, copyright or other illegal material including links or redirects to copyright material hosted on 3rd party websites / resources. The onus is on you the customer to prove that you own the rights to publish material, not for GraniteNet to prove that you do not. GraniteNet does not allow the propagation or distribution of copyright material, files or warez under any circumstances.
Notifications of copyright materials from associated owners will result in the content being removed without notification to you the Customer.
3.0 – Acceptable server resource use
Individuals must not use excessive amounts of server resources. These include bandwidth, processor utilization and / or disk space. Please see the Terms of Service.
4.0 – Script usage terms
Scripts on the site must be designed to produce web-based content, and not to use the server as an application server. Using the server to generate large volumes of email from a database is an example of activity that is not allowed. Scripts should not attempt to manipulate the timeouts on servers. These are set at the present values to ensure the reliability of the server. Sites that reset these do so because they are resource intensive, and adversely affect server performance and are therefore not allowed. Scripts that are designed to provide proxy services, anonymous or otherwise, are not allowed.
The primary purpose of any script must be to produce a web page. Scripts that send a single email based upon user entered information, or update a database are acceptable. Scripts that send bulk email or perform processor intensive database processes are not allowed. All outgoing mail is monitored and filtered and must be sent to or from a GraniteNet -hosted domain, with exception to self-hosted domains or separately purchased domains as part of the sign-up process.
Sites must not contain scripts that attempt to access privileged server resources, or other sites on the same server
5.0 – Usage of disk space
GraniteNet will treat all password protected archive (e.g. zip and rar) files as unacceptable. Multimedia content such as audio and video is acceptable provided it is streamed to the user, links to HTTP download of this content is not acceptable.
5.1 – INODE USAGE
GraniteNet reserves the right to limit INODEs usage on any hosting plans to 20,000 subject to acceptable usage.
6.0 – Content submitted or made available for inclusion on the service
GraniteNet does not claim ownership of Content you submit or make available for inclusion on the Service. However, with respect to Content you submit or make available for inclusion on publicly accessible areas of the Service (excluding the community cloud), you grant GraniteNet the following worldwide, royalty-free and non-exclusive license(s), as applicable:
- With respect to Content you submit or make available for inclusion on publicly accessible areas of GraniteNet Servers, the license to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publicly perform and publicly display such Content on the Service solely for the purposes of providing and promoting the GraniteNet Service to which such Content was submitted or made available. This license exists only for as long as you elect to continue to include such Content on the Service and will terminate at the time you remove or GraniteNet removes such Content from the Service.
- With respect to photos, graphics, audio or video you submit or make available for inclusion on publicly accessible areas of the Service other than GraniteNet controlled Servers, the license to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publicly perform and publicly display such Content on the Service solely for the purpose for which such Content was submitted or made available. This license exists only for as long as you elect to continue to include such Content on the Service and will terminate at the time you remove or GraniteNet removes such Content from the Service.
- With respect to Content other than photos, graphics, audio or video you submit or make available for inclusion on publicly accessible areas of the Service other than GraniteNet Servers, the perpetual, irrevocable and fully sub-licensable license to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, publicly perform and publicly display such Content (in whole or in part) and to incorporate such Content into other works in any format or medium now known or later developed.
“Publicly accessible” areas of the Service are those areas of the GraniteNet network of properties that are intended by GraniteNet to be available to the general public. By way of example, publicly accessible areas of the Service would include GraniteNet Message Boards and all areas that are open to both members and visitors. However, publicly accessible areas of the Service would not include portions of GraniteNet controlled Servers that are limited to members, GraniteNet services intended for private communication such as GraniteNet Mail or the Community Cloud, or areas off of the GraniteNet network of properties such as portions of World Wide Web sites that are accessible via hypertext or other links but are not hosted or served by GraniteNet.
7.0 – Resolution
All free and paid services with reported issues or breaches of our TOS or AUP via the “Publicly accessible” ‘report this’ feature built into sites and the My Southern Downs People site will receive notification of the report, and if deemed necessary, may have their account suspended or be provided an opportunity to fix the reported issue whereby it is found to breach our terms of service.
Resolution to a suspension of services notice can only occur once the offending material has been removed or revised, and you have contacted GraniteNet to notify of your resolution. GraniteNet will only then check and at it’s discretion move the issue as resolved within 14 days of your request. Should the issue still not be resolved, further notice from GraniteNet will follow.
8.0 – Change of Content outside of your own uploaded elements
All Free services provided by GraniteNet Inc are to remain intact as presented. Any code, graphical or layout changes you make outside of the following permissible elements are NOT PERMITTED for any reason.
A. Background Image
B. Background Colour
D. Any elements within a page’s content
Interfering with the display of, or design of any other page element is a breach of the AUP, and may result in your account being suspended.
All Paid services provided by GraniteNet Inc. can only modify provided themes, or uploaded themes. The fortuna theme (if required) must be requested first in order to be copied if you require access to this theme, and a child copy will be made for you. Only then can you make changes as required.
Changes to themes outside of your permissible set is not permitted.
Plugins for paid members – whereby a plugin is uploaded by the member, is the only permissible reason a plugin may be edited. Uploading plugins can in turn bring the entire site down, or more likely, your specific site, so it is a requirement that you ask us to test the plugin prior to upload.
9.0 – Conclusion
We here at GraniteNet want to avoid the kerfuffle these things can come to, so we want to make it as fair and respectful to you as possible, we are all volunteers, none of us are paid to entertain your values in how things could be, so we encourage you to be fair and respectful in return.
If you are unable to get the answers you seek, please contact our President Directly by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
These policies are set out in the best possible fashion to entertain all possible aspects of the digital services we are providing, to be fair to you (our customer). We hope you get as much value from it as we did making it.