Darling Downs and West Moreton PHN is seeking applications from individuals, organisations and/or community groups who are interested in hosting community-led well-being events in drought affected communities within the Darling Downs and West Moreton region.
The PHN has been granted funding under the Commonwealth Department of Health’s Empowering our Communities initiative to facilitate community-led projects to support mental health, social and emotional well-being and suicide prevention initiatives for people living in drought affected areas.
Up to $15,000 of funding is available per applicant to host their event/s, with the events needing to be hosted between 01 July 2019 and 30 of June 2020.
The events must be focused on fostering community social and emotional well-being and resilience, and may include:
- community events or workshops that promote resilience and reduce stigma associated with mental illness and accessing mental health and suicide prevention services; and/or
- complimentary and lifestyle interventions know to improve physical and mental health, that can be delivered in a group setting, such as exercise classes, relaxation and yoga classes, etc; and/or
- community education on topics such as managing stress, anxiety, depression and stigma.
Eligible drought affected communities within the Darling Downs and West Moreton PHN region are those located in the following local government areas:
- Southern Downs
- Western Downs (Including Taroom)
- Lockyer Valley
- Somerset (West Moreton HHS areas)
- South Burnett
Interested parties are invited to access the PHN’s Tenderlink site to see further details and submit tenders – //www.tenderlink.com/ddwmphn/
For more information, please contact Liam Maher on 07 4615 0900.
“ To stay in the loop and receive up to date alerts, news and information, subscribe to our e-newsletter here “